Thursday, June 7, 2012

Bunking next to strangers

Well, our bags it safely across the border and we finally arrived at the Cruz del Sur bus station in Lima, Peru. We hopped right into a taxi and headed to our hostel, Che Legarto. The hostel welcomed us warmly and we got settled into our dorm fairly quickly.

I feel like we stepped back into being college kids who went back to summer camp. Our room is great and the people are super friendly. Who would have thought sleeping a mattress away from a complete stranger would be so fun!

Our typical routine for new city adventures has been to simply wander around until we strike gold. So that's exactly what we did! Who knew we would strike gold so soon? Upon walking out of Che Legarto and turning a few corners we found ourselves right up on the beginning of a flash mob. It was the coolest thing in the middle of a well known park in Miraflores (our are of residence in Lima).

 

I got a good portion of it on video, but the whole thing was pretty entertaining!

After the dance mob, we ventured on to find some dinner. We found a quiet little place up on the second floor of a building overlooking the main street. We shared some pasta and a pizza at dinner. Then we stopped at the super market on the way home to grab some dessert to eat back at the hostel. I'm still in shock at how cheap everything is down here. I ended up with a gigantic piece of chocolate cake for about $1.30 (that absolutely made my night)

We met some friends from Europe back at our hostel so we hung with them for awhile and shared stories of our travels and home towns. I think this is the best part about staying at a hostel. The people are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment